Obviously, the most important news item from over the weekend and the one on which I opened the show was that Amber Heard, Mrs. Johnny Depp, only owed a fine after illegally bringing her doggies into Australia. She could’ve gone to jail!!!
I also talked about a bunch of other stuff and had a GREAT guest. Listen to the show here:
Ann-Marie Murrell, CEO of The Politichicks, was today’s HausGuest. As a return guest, I was certain that she would be fantastic.
And she was.
Most of our conversation centered around one of the unique aspects of this election season: The threat to friendships (or destruction of them) due to passionate endorsement/loathing of one particular candidate or another.
She shared some advice – based upon her real-life experience as a strong supporter of Ted Cruz – on how to maintain relationships despite deeply-felt disagreements on candidates and issues.
Most people have experience of this type of thing across party or ideological lines, but the H-Rod/Bernie or Trump/Cruz/et al. rifts seem fairly unique and can be extraordinarily contentious.
- Ludwig Von Mises’ 9 best anti-tax quotes
- George Clooney had a HUGE fundraiser at him Los Angeles-area home, but really wants money out of politics altogether.
- A Bernie supporter, who lives RIGHT NEXT DOOR to Clooney, held a $27 per-person fundraiser and had attendees shower Hillary’s car with $1 bills
Sanders supporters outside Clinton's Clooney fundraiser in LA shower her motorcade in $1,000. pic.twitter.com/ivbu024IcG
— Dan Merica (@danmericaCNN) April 17, 2016
- Verizon CEO penned a response to Bernie’s brutal attack of the company during last week’s #DemDebate
- New York Post Trump endorsement VS the Cruz endorsement by the New York Sun
- Cruz just swept Wyoming’s Republican convention – getting ALL 14 delegates
Thank you for reading and listening!
Tuesday’s HausGuest: Radio host Joe Messina
The show is live at 7am PST / 10am EST.
Listening options here:
Show voicemail number: 949-478-1867
Thank you for reading and please share!
Please follow the show via our Spreaker site or subscribe to the podcast in the iTunes Store. You can also get a free app that will allow live-chat during the show in the Google Plus or Apple iTunes stores.