To be crystal clear right up front: It was an Islamist Jihadist that attacked Orlando and it’s his responsibility, not the Christian Right, guns, homophobia, or a failure of Americans to properly demonstrate their values or adequately look inward.
Here’s today’s week-beginning show:
HausGuest – Ben Howe
Due to his consistent #NeverTrump position, Ben has become a regular go-to guy for multiple news outlets wishing to examine that perspective. As a result, he’s now one of the most hated men in America (see a short summary here).
Before we got to discussing politics, we took a quick detour to talk about his experience being on the set for The Patriot 16 years ago:
Obviously, this is proof of his anti-Americanism.
We then talked about Donald Trump and the future of conservatism and the Republican Party. Ben’s hopeful-ish…
- Microsoft is going to write a $26 billion check for LinkedIn. It still won’t induce me to pay it one second’s attention…
- Congratulations, America – you sent the Fed Govt a record $2.14 trillion over the last 8 months ($6.1 million per minute). But the Feds spent that plus another $407 billion ($1.1 million per minute).
- There are a handful of VERY interesting things we know about the Orlando shooter
- President Obama’s response – not mentioning Islam AND encouraging us to not give in to fear – was AWFUL
- Trump’s official response was mostly great (even though it was certainly written for him):
- Of course, the ACLU blamed Christian anti-gay sentiment
- And in an amazing display of courage and conviction, the cast of Hamilton did not use muskets during its Tony Awards segment
Thank you for reading and listening!
Tuesday’s HausGuest – MRCtv’s Dan Joseph!
The show is live at 7am PST / 10am EST.
Listening options here:
Show voicemail number: 949-478-1867
Thank you for reading and please share!
Please follow the show via our Spreaker site or subscribe to the podcast in the iTunes Store. You can also get a free app that will allow live-chat during the show in the Google Plus or Apple iTunes stores.