A VERY fine week-ending show with two great HausGuests:
College Planning America – Dave Coen
Dave and I discussed Suze Orman and Dave Ramsey. Both of these financial advisors are extremely successful as entertainers and writers, but Dave warned about potential pitfalls in following their advice: A one-size-fits-all approach does NOT necessarily work, especially when it comes to including plans about college.
HausGuest – Jillian Kay Melchior
My favorite go-to journalist has recently been focusing on education and we discussed two recent articles that she’s published. Both concern free-speech, micro aggressions, and an extremely concerning trend that’s NOT just affecting college campuses (something well-discussed on the right) but one that is also trickling down to K-12 schools as well.
- Grammar-aged kids are going to be expelled from a Kansas school district for “unconsciously” and “unintentionally” offending others:
- A Colorado university has a “Bias Response Team” that is calling out occasions and locations of offensive and hateful speech:For example, the campus ThoughtCrime unit had put up a sign stating that saying “All Lives Matter” in response to the “Black Lives Matter” movement was insensitive. Someone wrote “All lives DO matter” and “Free Speech Matters” on the sign and the response them then put up this poster: Just read this poster and try to keep your head from exploding.
- Big celebrity news that will be breaking hearts and crushing dreams worldwide:
- The Obama Administration is giving up the idea of using an executive order to shut down Guantanamo Bay:
Topics To Which I Did Not Get
- Despite the narrative, gun violence has DECLINED in the U.S.
- Was Muslim Privilege responsible for Orlando?
- Trump is mulling the launch of his own network
The show is live at 7am PST / 10am EST.
Listening options here:
Show voicemail number: 949-478-1867
Thank you for reading and please share!
Please follow the show via our Spreaker site or subscribe to the podcast in the iTunes Store. You can also get a free app that will allow live-chat during the show in the Google Plus or Apple iTunes stores.