I described this video of the helicopter pilot chasing down a suspect to open the show, because (as you’ll see) it’s the visual aspect of it that’s amazing:
Listen to the entire show here (where it’s ALL audio and every second is FANTASTIC):
Constitutional Sound Bites with David Shestokas
David and I started with a follow-up on a topic previously discussed – South Carolina’s REQUIRING the teaching of the Constitution:
Then we referenced appellate court
moronjudge Richard Posner’s dismissal of the document:
Getting to the book itself (buy it HERE), we discussed the meaning of “the Law of nature and of Nature’s God…” and the fact that the Constitution does NOT grant inalienable rights. These are rights that exist INDEPENDENT of the Constitution and that the government secures those rights.
Here’s the isolated Constitutional Sound Bites segment:
HausGuest – Ted Bromund of The Heritage Foundation
Ted is an expert on UK/US relations and we filled the entire segment talking about #Brexit.
We started off talking about the implications and meanings for the EU and #Brexit from this statement by Martin Schulz, the President of the union:
“The British have violated the rules. It is not the EU philosophy that the crowd can decide its fate”
He then discussed a HUGE number of historical and current issues and facts related to the EU and the UK. Here is a summary of some of the key points:
- The EU’s history dates to the 1950s as a way to avoid war and offset the “problems” of democracy
- A basic problem from the outset: there aren’t Europeans, there are Germans, French, Italians, etc.
- The U.K. has always been a difficult fit (it is more classical liberal in mindset and politics and the EU is very France/Germany focused)
- It’s NOT a free-trade organization
- It’s POSSIBLE that there will be a 2nd UK referendum, but not likely (more likely, a upper-tier effort at the EU to undo the results)
- UK Prime Minister guess: unlikely to be Boris Johnson, but maybe Priti Patel (dark horses tend to get this job)
I was TOTALLY BUMMED to have ran out of time, as Ted was SO full of information and insight!
- Chris Matthews just CANNOT come up with what the various terrorist attacks have had in common:
- California MAY come to its senses and bail on the SF to LA high-speed rail boondoggle:
Thank you so much for listening and reading!
The show is live at 7am PST / 10am EST.
Listening options here:
Show voicemail number: 949-478-1867
Thank you for reading and please share!
Please follow the show via our Spreaker site or subscribe to the podcast in the iTunes Store. You can also get a free app that will allow live-chat during the show in the Google Plus or Apple iTunes stores.