Whoa. Tons of stuff to talk about today. And it was a GREAT show:
HausGuest – Sunny Lohmann
Sunny and I discussed the positives AND negatives of this recent Prager University video:
The main issue was the word selfish and that it gets conflated with self-interest AND greed. A proponent of Ayn Rand’s Objectivism, Sunny asserted that the advancement and pursuit of one’s own interest – in priority to everything else – is supremely moral.
Her position is supported by the thinking and philosophy contained herein:
And perhaps best summarized by Adam Smith’s very famous quote:
“It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own interest.”
It was a GREAT segment and she is a PERFECT HausGuest!
- California just set a state record for solar-power produced electricity
- I saw The Infiltrator over the weekend and really liked it:
- There was ANOTHER attack in Germany (4th in 7 days) and the BBC’s announcement of it was nuts:
- Wikileaks just dropped 20,000 emails that were between 7 Democrat National Committee staffers
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz resigned over the whole thing but joins the Clinton campaign immediately thereafter
- Bernie is EXTREMELY unhappy about it:
- New DNC head Donna Brazile’s takeaway: don’t use email, use the phone
- The Democrat convention opens today with a big list of union leaders set to speak
- Eating their own: Loretta Sanchez says that Obama’s support of Kamala Harris for CA Senator is due to racial preference
- An open letter to Donald Trump about 7 things he MUST do – and he’s only voiced support (so far!) for one of them. And they’re all AWESOME.
Thank you for reading and listening!
Tuesday’s HausGuest: New York Post writer and editor – and Turkey expert – Elisha Maldonado
The show is live at 7am PST / 10am EST.
Listening options here:
Show voicemail number: 949-478-1867
Thank you for reading and please share!
Please follow the show via our Spreaker site or subscribe to the podcast in the iTunes Store. You can also get a free app that will allow live-chat during the show in the Google Plus or Apple iTunes stores.