A grateful nation is relieved that the fec-show that was the DemocratStatistLeftist convention is over. But I did have to start out the show talking about it:
HausGuest – Mark Pellegrino
But I invited him on the show to talk politics and philosophy. Fundamental to our discussion was a mutual commitment to classical liberalism and free-market capitalism. It was a GREAT discussion.
He is also the cofounder of the American Capitalist Party. Here is the fundamental summary of their approach:
Our fundamental political approach can be simply stated: We consistently and universally uphold the moral-political principle of individual rights. We categorically oppose any version or variation of statism, any social system that denies an individual’s inalienable rights and subordinates his/her life to the state. On any issue, in every context, concerning all individuals, regardless of gender, race, nationality, religion, and the like, we support an individual’s right to his or her own life.
What is there not to love about this?
We also share a love of Ayn Rand and we talked about her, as well.
- “Conservatives” were all upset about Bradley Cooper’s appearance at the DNC convention.
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar introduced himself as “Michael Jordan” and that was pretty funny.
- Chelsea spoke. And then Hillary spoke. Ugh. Summary: She will lead the government in ways that will yield wonderful results (for favored groups, those envious of others’ success, for those wanting to live off the success of others, and those who prefer existence to be dictated by the state).
- Bernie’s reaction was priceless:
“Bernie, your campaign inspired millions of Americans…you put economic and social justice issues were they belong.” pic.twitter.com/msgWobDbUV
— Jim Roberts (@nycjim) July 29, 2016
- And Bill seemed to fall asleep:
- The “Hillary!” cheers were planned in order to cover up protester jeers.
These are the instructions for counter-chanting: pic.twitter.com/gXCyIprmEv
— Matthew Yglesias (@mattyglesias) July 29, 2016
- A GOP official criticized a former Reagan staffer’s financial support of Democrats and his speech at the convention — missing the irony that the party’s nominee has given FAR more to Dems in recent years:
— Sean Spicer (@seanspicer) July 29, 2016
On Thursday night I was the “special” guest on Executive Producer Christian Bladt’s Afterbuzz.tv show “Trump Vs Hillary.” I’d give my performance a C-. Next time I’ll be better prepared and have simpler concepts for the leftists to try to process:
Thank you for reading and listening!
The show is live at 7am PST / 10am EST.
Listening options here:
Show voicemail number: 949-478-1867
Thank you for reading and please share!
Please follow the show via our Spreaker site or subscribe to the podcast in the iTunes Store. You can also get a free app that will allow live-chat during the show in the Google Plus or Apple iTunes stores.