TONS to talk about today and a segment with a fantastic HausGuest that easily could have gone on an additional hour. Listen to the entire show here:
HausGuest – Naomi Schaefer Riley
Naomi has JUST published this book:
Read the subtitle AGAIN and then the book’s summary:
“If you want to know why American Indians have the highest rates of poverty of any racial group, why suicide is the leading cause of death among Indian men, why native women are two and a half times more likely to be raped than the national average and why gang violence affects American Indian youth more than any other group, do not look to history. There is no doubt that white settlers devastated Indian communities in the 19th, and early 20th centuries. But it is our policies today—denying Indians ownership of their land, refusing them access to the free market and failing to provide the police and legal protections due to them as American citizens—that have turned reservations into small third-world countries in the middle of the richest and freest nation on earth.”
Both Heat Street and The Atlantic have just published articles discussing the issues, as well. They are incredibly interesting. And depressing, as well. Fortunately, Naomi has some VERY hopeful and constructive ideas of how to remedy this tragedy. We briefly discussed them, while concluding the segment.
Make sure to follow Naomi on Twitter – her feed is FULL of good stuff. I’ve just added her to my “FAVES” list.
- Luke Aikins jumped out of a plane from 25,000, into a net, without a parachute:
- Bad Moms was pretty bad, but The Red Violin was NOT.
- Hillary Clinton’s answers to Chris Wallace’s questions about the FBI Director’s comments were delusional:
- Surprisingly, Mark Cuban endorsed her.
- Donald Trump put his foot in his mouth (yet again) about Muslim military hero and his family. It’s created a HUGE controversy:
I was viciously attacked by Mr. Khan at the Democratic Convention. Am I not allowed to respond? Hillary voted for the Iraq war, not me!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 31, 2016
- Scottie Nell Hughes explained that one of the things Trump sacrificed for his business (and the country!) was two marriages (and the lefty guest pointed out it was infidelity that caused the divorces, not his commitment to business).
- Happy Birthday Milton Friedman!
- We are ALL statists now.
- You can forget about this:
Thank you for reading and listening!
The show is live at 7am PST / 10am EST.
Listening options here:
Show voicemail number: 949-478-1867
Thank you for reading and please share!
Please follow the show via our Spreaker site or subscribe to the podcast in the iTunes Store. You can also get a free app that will allow live-chat during the show in the Google Plus or Apple iTunes stores.