Editor’s Note: sarcasm appears from time to time throughout today’s show:
Constitutional Sound Bite – David Shestokas
David and I began our segment discussing the dust-up between Donald Trump and Khizr Khan – specifically the Constitutional and Declaration of Independence issues it raises. The launching-off point was this article David just published:
Getting back to the book, we discussed what “general welfare” means and how the Preamble sets the stage for the legal structure that follows.
Buy it here:
Listen to the isolated segment here:
HausGuest – Matthew K. Burke
Matthew is a multiple-return HausGuest and one of my faves. He is NOT bashful about his conservative activism and does NOT shy from sharing his well-informed opinions.
We talked about 3 different stories:
- The GOP is figuring out a “Plan B” due to rumors that the Trump campaign has some MASSIVE internal issues (including the candidate’s CONSTANT shooting himself in the foot):
- Trump’s new infrastructure plan will DOUBLE Hillary’s (and be paid for by a “fund” that’s invested in by “the people”):
- The Administration just produced a video for illegal aliens to show them how to avoid Border Patrol agents:
NOT happy feel-good stuff, to be sure. But, unfortunately, such is the world we inhabit today. Ugh.
- Apple (FINALLY!) is replacing its gun emoji with a squirt gun!
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield IL rates are SKYROCKETING
Thank you for listening and reading!
Thursday’s HausGuest: Zuhdi Jasser
The show is live at 7am PST / 10am EST.
Listening options here:
Show voicemail number: 949-478-1867
Thank you for reading and please share!
Please follow the show via our Spreaker site or subscribe to the podcast in the iTunes Store. You can also get a free app that will allow live-chat during the show in the Google Plus or Apple iTunes stores.