In an essay titled Tragedy and Choices, Dr. Thomas Sowell just endorsed Ted Cruz.
- Antonin Scalia’s death – and subsequent SCOTUS opening – immediately becomes the single most important election issue
- The next President will likely have more than just Scalia’s seat to fill (assuming Obama is unsuccessful trying to fill it himself)
- Military threats to the country are the second most important issue
- A serious candidate is required – not one with “glitter or glibness” (meaning Donald Trump, a “self-centered know-it-all)
- A novice to government and politics cannot be allowed to become President
- Ted Cruz’s experience is the most comparable to that of a governor, one whose track records are clear for all to see
- Rubio doesn’t have the same experience and there is definitely a problem with his “abortive attempt to join Democrats in promoting amnesty”
- Cruz has the necessary “depth and steadfastness”
- He knows how important the Supreme Court is and he has the “intellect to understand much more”
Hard to argue with Dr. Sowell, isn’t it? I haven’t yet made up my mind between Rubio and Cruz, as I have issues with both of them, but he makes a very compelling case.
Thank you for reading and please share!