When Bernie Sanders constantly mentions “millionaires and billionaires,” one of whom he is certainly referencing is billionaire activist Charles Koch. As Senate Majority Leader, Harry Reid couldn’t put two sentences together without mentioning the “Koch Brothers”; and it was usually in the context of a dire warning about their influence on the country.
Charles Koch just published an editorial in the Washington Post with this title:
“This Is the One Issue Where Bernie Sanders Is Right”
- The political and economic system is often rigged to help the privileged few at the expense of everyone else, particularly the least advantaged
- We have a two-tiered society that increasingly dooms millions of our fellow citizens to lives of poverty and hopelessness
- Many corporations seek and benefit from corporate welfare while ordinary citizens are denied opportunities and a level playing field
The reason: Big business and politicians favor policies and regulations that pick winners and losers.
The disagreement with Sanders: Giving the government even more control will only make things worse.
The solution: Elect politicians committed to the principles of a free society
- The right to live your life as you see fit as long as you don’t infringe on the ability of others to do the same
- Equality before the law, free speech and free markets and treating people with dignity, respect and tolerance
The BRILLIANT conclusion:
“In a society governed by such principles, people succeed by helping others improve their lives.”
Thank you for reading and please share!