- Gallup on terrorism:
- Breakdown by age and political affiliation:
- Summary: A solid majority of Americans are dissatisfied with security from terrorism, with conservatives and Republicans being the least satisfied
- Pew Research on trust in government by political affiliation:
- On where government should and shouldn’t play a role:
- Summary: less than 1 in 5 trust the government and Republicans see less of a role for the federal government than do Democrats
One lingering question: if so few trust government and its ability to accomplish important tasks, why do candidates like Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders, who are so certain of government’s ability to be successful in every detail in our lives, have the level of support they do?
Thank you for reading and please share!