In a townhall meeting with MSNBC, Donald Trump made two points about the conflict between Israel and Palestine:
- Obtaining a peace agreement that will last will be an incredibly difficult “deal” to make
- He will remain “neutral” in any negotiation in order best position himself to “help”
Watch the exchange here:
Reminder: Israel is our best ally in the Middle East
Another reminder: Hamas is the controlling political authority in Palestine
Details on Hamas:
- They are listed as a terrorist group by the National Terrorism Center
- Their founding charter includes this statement: “The Islamic resistance movement has been looking forward to fulfilling the promise of Allah [IE the destruction of the Jews], no matter how long that might take.”
- Their leaders say things like this:
The treatment of Israel and Palestine as co-equal aggressors or with some sort of moral equivalence is absurd. A position of neutrality confirms this perspective.
As the saying goes, “If the Palestinians laid down their weapons, there would be peace; if Israel laid down their weapons, there would be no Israel.”
Thank you for reading and please share!