Are the nominations for the Republican and Democrat party in the bag?
- Right now, Donald Trump is way ahead:
- At this time in 2011, Gingrich was on top:
- And in 2007, Giuliani and Huckabee were leading:
- Take a look at who was WAY ahead in 2007 on the Democrat side:
- Clearly, that changed dramatically:
There are obvious differences – for example, Trump has far more passionate supporters and Bernie’s economic vision is not broadly supported – but the point remains: There is a lot of time before the end of the primary season and a lot can change.
H/T Cato Institute
Thank you for reading and please share!